DPD is looking for a hands-on Java Developer who will contribute his/her experience and skills to the quality and implementation of our software products to our customers.
As a Java developer you will work closely with project management, business analyst and development resources to deliver solutions.
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency
applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance..
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Identifying & profiling potential new customers, and implementing a professional sales process to convert leads into new business.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
• Prepare and produce releases of software components.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
• Completes application development by contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems.
• Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
• Proven hands-on Software Development experience.
• 2 years working experience in Java development.
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
• Object Oriented analysis and design using
common design patterns.
• Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management,Transaction Management etc).
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases..
• Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework.
• Team Player.
• Fluent in English
• Development knowledge of RESTful webservices..
• Knowledge of working with Netbeans and Glassfish Server.
• Ability to work in a multi-site environment with geographically dispersed technical teams.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Caroline Geraghty, Head of IT.