DPD Ireland leads the field in next day parcel delivery throughout Ireland, with 34 regionally based collection and delivery depots, and a state of the art central sorting hub in Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer (maternity leave cover) to join the team at DPD in our state of the art central sorting hub in Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
This position will be based at our Athlone facility and will be responsible for Health and Safety across the day and night operation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• To maintain an acceptably high standard of health and safety in the warehouse, offices and on all sites.
• Carry out regular site safety audits, risk assessments and document the findings for manage- ment and implement necessary corrective actions.
• Develop & Maintain a DPD in-house Safety Training Program.
• Carry out accident investigations.
• To collate and maintain any data, records or other information required for health and safety within DPD.
• To facilitate the implementation, monitoring and review of the Companies health and Safety policies and assist with the implementation of new company safety procedures.
• Advise management on health and safety laws, regulations and directives which affect the company and its employees.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Ideal candidates will be diploma/degree qualified in Health & Safety with experience in warehousing and distribution environment.
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation.
• High level of communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
• High level of proficiency in the application of Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint
• Ambitious self-starter with the confidence and drive to take ownership of cross functional processes.
• Fluent in English.
• Flexibility with regard to working hours
• Positive, energetic and focused, with good organisational ability
• Experienced in working autonomously and within teams in fast-paced environment
• Committed to deliver value and new initiatives to the business
• Committed to one’s own personal and professional development
To apply for this position please click here
Closing date for applications is Friday, 26th July, 2019