DPD Ireland invites applications for the position of Warehouse Supervisor. The Warehouse supervisor will report directly to the Head of Central Operations and is based in our DPD Depot in Blanchardstown, Dublin.
The role is initially responsible for the set-up of our new warehouse distribution centre, which will include the on boarding of our customer/s and recruitment of the warehouse team.
In addition the role will be responsible for the execution of all the daily activities required to manage shift responsibilities across Inbound (receiving, put away/replenishment) or Outbound (pick, pack and ship) operations in the distribution centre. Responsible for assisting in the staffing, training, and scheduling of the shift warehouse team, while maintaining strict adherence to payroll budget, planning hours to achieve productivity goals and effectively manage fluctuating levels of work. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, including compliance to all Health and Safety regulations and guidelines. Provide 100% customer satisfaction by providing same day shipment of all customer orders ensuring accuracy, proper packaging using defined transportation modes
This role involves carrying out the maintenance of key equipment which includes the planned preventative/scheduled/predictive maintenance tasks that ensure an efficient running of automated systems in a high volume transport company. The Company operates 6 days per week, including Sunday. The successful candidate must be flexible with working days and have the ability to cover day and night time shifts.
• Provide hands-on supervision for staff to maximise productivity and accuracy in their job functions. Utilising weekly benchmark reports, performance posting, and goal setting to measure and communicate the results of performance to your team
• Plan daily workloads to ensure all customer orders will be 100% shipped the same day
• Support the standards with the warehouse team to drive a customer focused environment
• Supervises daily processes to ensure all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics are met or exceeded
• Provide direction and assistance to the warehouse team by clarifying questions pertaining to job assignments and resolving issues
• Meet all departmental expectations to effectively drive results
• Assist in training, developing and managing of the warehouse team. Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and mentoring to achieve desired results
• Responsibility for ensuring site is fully compliant with Health & Safety Regulations
• Provides training and certification prior to an employee being permitted to operate and monitors all employees’ use of Industrial Powered equipment in the facilities. (Forklifts, Order Pickers, etc.)
• Provides accurate and timely reporting of warehouses activities using a distribution center Business Metrics report, any other benchmark reporting spreadsheets, and other reports as may be required and outlined from time to time
• Comply with the logistic and distribution center budgetary constraints for the warehouse and monitors all controllable expenses such as Overtime, Salary, Temporary help, Supplies, Facility Maintenance expense, etc.
• Other duties and assignments that may be required or necessitated as a result of change in the job requirements.
• Strong Warehouse knowledge and business acumen
• 2-4 years focus in Distribution Centre operations with Store, Direct to Consumer and Business to Business applications is desired
• 2-4 years functional knowledge and experience in conducting metric driven analysis and accountability
• Experience using and implementing Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
• Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Operating Systems
• Strong proven leadership and people management skills essential
• Ability to proactively identify challenges and arrive at optimum solutions to achieve success
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
• Have a working knowledge of Distribution Centre processes and functions
• Be prepared to work multiple shifts, as required by business need
To Apply Click Here