DPD Ireland invites applications for the position of Warehouse Supervisor based in our DPD Depot in Blanchardstown, Dublin.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the execution of all the daily activities required to manage the operation responsibilities across Inbound (receiving, put away/replenishment) or Outbound (pick, pack and ship) operations in the distribution centre. Responsible for assisting in the staffing, training, and scheduling of the warehouse team, while maintaining strict adherence to payroll budget, planning hours to achieve productivity goals and effectively manage fluctuating levels of work. Other duties will include maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, including compliance to all Health and Safety regulations and Covid-19 guidelines and providing 100% customer satisfaction by providing same day shipment of all customer orders ensuring accuracy, proper packaging using defined transportation modes. This position will report directly to the Logistics Manager.
- Provide hands-on supervision for staff to maximise productivity and accuracy in their job functions. Utilising weekly benchmark reports, performance posting, and goal setting to measure and communicate the results of performance to your team
- Plan daily workloads to ensure all customer orders will be 100% shipped the same day
- Supervise daily processes to ensure all Key
Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics are met or exceeded
- Provide direction and assistance to the warehouse team by clarifying questions pertaining to job assignments and resolving issues
- Assist in training, developing and managing of the warehouse team. Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and mentoring to achieve desired results.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of warehouses activities and costs.
- Development of reports to represent the key operational measurements of DPD’s operation ensuring that these reports are accurate, informative and presented in a fashion that can be comprehended by various audiences
- Responsibility for ensuring site is fully compliant with Health & Safety Regulations and Covied-19 protocols.
- Strong Warehouse knowledge and business acumen
- Experience using and implementing Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Must have a minimum 2 years’ team lead or people management/leadership experience including performance management, annual leave management, absence processes, and developing and motivating team members.
- Continuous improvement mind-set and proven ability to develop procedures and lead change initiatives.
- Self-directed working style and capable of
making well informed decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, experience communicating and building relationships with stakeholders.
- IT literate with excellent Excel skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure implementation within the required deadlines
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work to timescale, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Understanding Process Improvement/Six Sigma
processes is a plus.
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected
to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role
within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the
To apply for this position click HERE
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday, June 17th, 2020