DPD Ireland is Ireland’s largest parcel carrier, with 37 regionally based collection and
delivery depots, and a state of the art central sorting hub in Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
With over 8,000 active shipping customers and millions of parcel recipients,
marketing our brand, and communication and engagement with our customers and
consumers are key priorities for our business.
The DPD Ireland Marketing Team’s mission is to continue to build on the really strong
positive brand presence we have established, both within the Irish and European
markets, and to drive continued success through high quality, innovative campaigns
across multiple channels, internal and external. The Marketing Manager will manage,
lead and inspire an experienced, cross-functional Marketing Team which serves the
needs of multiple departments across the DPD Ireland business.
- Managing a small, experienced multi-skilled team including performance management,
team development, productivity etc.
- Developing, implementing and managing of strategic and operational marketing activities
in line with business requirements
- Project Managing all marketing related projects: determining resource allocation - internal
and external, managing third party vendors where applicable, managing timelines and
producing KPIs to demonstrate results.
- Further developing the skillset within the Marketing Team – forward planning to leverage
off future trends and technologies and to manage growth
- Ensuring that DPD Ireland’s Social Media Platforms are managed effectively and present
the business in a professional light
- Ensuring that DPD’s internal communications across our various channels are to a high
standard, audience appropriate and that we are communicating the correct content within
the correct time frames
- Managing DPD’s relationship with external media via our PR agency – overseeing
content that is presented and ensuring that messaging is correct
- Managing any DPD events including the DPD Ireland Annual Conference, Client Events,
Product or Service Launches etc.
- Representing DPD at various DPDgroup European Marketing Events
- Ensuring that they key company messages of “customer-centricity, people development,
innovation in delivery and sustainability” are present and clear in our marketing content
- Assuring the quality of all content created – quality of imagery and copy is a top priority
- Managing third party relationships with vendors – service procurement and partnership
- Managing relationships with senior management and key stakeholders across
other DPD departments – providing expert support on their marketing
To be considered you'll need to be:
- 3+ years of marketing management experience, managing a cross functional team
- Experience that shows your strong understanding of the Marketing Mix across digital
platforms and traditional media
- Demonstrable experience of personally leading high impact marketing initiatives – managing
projects from inception to completion
- Solid experience in planning and execution multiple projects in tandem, within a team,
keeping projects in order and managing priorities effectively
- Experience of using project management tools like Trello, Basecamp or other
- An analytical focus, with experience in tracking marketing campaigns, and pulling actionable
insights from data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and present at all levels of the
business, and externally.
- Knowledge of GDPR, EU privacy laws, and their impact on marketing campaign execution
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or other relevant qualification
- Fluent in English
- Positive, energetic and focused, showing commitment to your core team and
- Creative, and demonstrate passion for your role
- Committed to your own personal and professional development
- Passionate about marketing and communication, and providing great content
about the DPD brand
- A team manager who has the ability to motivate, guide and inspire others.
To apply please CLICK HERE
Closing date for receipt of applications: Tuesday 20th April 2021