DPD Ireland invites applications for the position of Warehouse Supervisor based in our DPD
Depot in Ballycoolin, Dublin.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the execution of all the daily activities required
to manage the operation responsibilities across Inbound (receiving, put away/replenishment)
or Outbound (pick, pack and ship) operations in the distribution centre. Responsible for
assisting in the staffing, training, and scheduling of the warehouse team, while maintaining
strict adherence to payroll budget, planning hours to achieve productivity goals and
effectively manage fluctuating levels of work. Other duties will include maintaining a safe and
healthy work environment for all employees, including compliance to all Health and Safety
regulations and Covid-19 guidelines and providing 100% customer satisfaction by providing
same day shipment of all customer orders ensuring accuracy, proper packaging using defined
transportation modes. This position will report directly to the Logistics Manager.
- Provide hands-on supervision for staff to
maximise productivity and accuracy in their job
functions. Utilising weekly benchmark reports,
performance posting, and goal setting to
measure and communicate the results of
performance to your team
- Plan daily workloads to ensure all customer
orders will be 100% shipped the same day
- Supervise daily processes to ensure all Key
Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics are met or
- Provide direction and assistance to the
warehouse team by clarifying questions
pertaining to job assignments and resolving
- Assist in training, developing and managing of
the warehouse team. Monitor and enhance
individual performance through clearly defined
expectations, training, coaching and mentoring
to achieve desired results
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of
warehouses activities and costs.
- Development of reports to represent the key
operational measurements of DPD’s operation
ensuring that these reports are accurate,
informative and presented in a fashion that can
be comprehended by various audiences.
- Responsibility for ensuring site is fully
compliant with Health & Safety Regulations
and Covied-19 protocols.
- Strong Warehouse knowledge and business
- Experience using and implementing Warehouse
Management Systems (WMS)
- Must have a minimum 2 years’ team lead or
people management/leadership experience
including performance management, annual
leave management, absence processes, and
developing and motivating team members
- Continuous improvement mind-set and proven
ability to develop procedures and lead change
- Self-directed working style and capable of
making well informed decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and
written, experience communicating and building
relationships with stakeholders.
- IT literate with excellent Excel skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to
ensure implementation within the required
- Excellent time management skills with the
ability to deliver high-quality work to timescale,
and the ability to manage and prioritise own
- Understanding Process Improvement/Six Sigma
processes is a plus
To apply please CLICK HERE