DPD Carriage Service Privacy Statement
In order to provide our Carriage services to you (the Services), it is necessary for us to collect and process a certain amount of your personal information. The purpose of this Statement is to explain how we collect personal information about you, how we use it and your rights in respect of how we engage with it.
Who we are
When we talk about “DPD”, or “us” or “we” in this Statement, we are referring to Interlink Ireland Limited, trading as DPD Ireland. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, we (Interlink Ireland Limited, trading as DPD Ireland) are the "data controller" of your personal data that you provide us with.
How we collect PERSONAL DATA
In general we collect personal data from you through engaging directly with you.
We will occasionally rely on publicly available address databases such as Google Maps and Eircode Directory, or our own DPD Address database, to effect the proper delivery of a consignment. We will not use this data for any other purpose than for the delivery of the consignment.
Any personal data you provide to us in respect of a person who is to receive a consignment we will process on your behalf. You are the data controller in respect of such data (Consignee Data) and we will process it as instructed by you except to the extent that we are obliged to hold such Consignee Data in order to provide it to the Revenue Commission. Please ensure that you make consignees aware of this.
THE TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the following information about you which you provide through engaging with our Services:
- Your name
- Your Address
- Telephone number(s)
- Your email address
- Your bank details
- Records of when you engaged with DPD and our website including call information, server logs, IP addresses, device information. If you contact us we keep a record of that correspondence.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR DOING SO
|Purpose for processing your information
|To provide the Service to you and deliver consignments on your behalf
||This use of your information is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
|To send you consignment updates and reminders
|To provide information on the DPD services available to customers
||This use of your information is necessary for our legitimate business interest in providing our services as efficiently as possible, managing our resources and promoting and advertising our business.
In identifying this basis, we have weighed our legitimate interest as a business against your rights and freedoms and determined that that it will not unfairly impact your rights. If you would like further information on how we balanced these interests you can contact us using the details below.
Please note that you have a right to object to processing of your personal data where that processing is carried on for our legitimate interest.
|To improve our service quality by reviewing our performance and for training purposes
|Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
|To manage and administer legal and compliance affairs
|To fulfil our legal obligations including by providing information to Revenue Commissioners, Customs authorities or law enforcement authorities
||This use of your information is necessary in order for us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
|To send you marketing communications about offers, products and services that you might be interested in from DPD companies and from our trusted third party partners
||This use of your information is done on the basis that you have consented to such use.
Where we use your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to subsequently withdraw that consent at any time (by contacting us using the details below).
|To use certain cookies which will identify your individual details in order to monitor how our customers use our website (see our Cookies Policy for further details)
Who we Share your personal data with:
We share your personal data with the following recipients:
- Other members of the DPD Group
- Members of the DPD Depot Network
- Credit Check service providers
- Banks and financial institutions
- GPS coordinates service providers
- Online Payments service providers and on-site payment service providers
- Email services providers
- SMS service providers
- IT service providers for the maintenance of the DPD site and services
- Direct marketing service providers such as Trustpilot and Campaign Monitor
- Legal Advisors
- Revenue Commissioners, customs authorities or law enforcement authorities (including the Gardaí)
Other than as set out above we will not share your information with third parties without your consent.
How long we hold your information
Where we deliver a consignment, we will retain the personal data obtained for the delivery of that consignment for as long as is necessary to:
- perform our Services and deliver the consignment;
- comply with our legal obligations (e.g. customs regulations); and
- exercise our legal rights and defend legal claims.
Typically this will require that we hold such data for a period of 7 years from the date on which that the consignment is delivered.
If you have any further queries in relation to our data retention procedures please contact us at the address given below.
Your rights in respect of your information
You have several rights in relation to your personal data. In each case, these rights are subject to restrictions as laid down by law. The following is a summary of your rights:
- Right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Right to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. This includes any profiling of your personal data which is done on the basis of our legitimate interests. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to data portability enables you to request the transfer of your personal data to another party;
- Right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal; and
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner or with the data protection authority in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of an alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see Contact Details below). We will respond to your request within one month. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests. We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request. We have the right to refuse your request where there is a basis to do so in law, or if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or to the extent necessary for important objectives of public interest
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE European Economic Area (EEA).
In general, we will not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. Occasionally, in order to provide our Services outside the EEA and deliver a consignment we have to transfer limited personal data outside of the EEA. We will only do this where, and to the extent that, the transfer is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, or for the performance of a contract which was concluded in your interest e.g. to engage another delivery company to finalise delivery.
Our basis for requiring information
If DPD Ireland cannot process the necessary personal information, it may be difficult, impossible, or unlawful for us to give you advice on or provide you with our services.
If DPD Ireland ask you to provide your personal information, we will explain whether it is a legal or contractual requirement that we use such information and if you do not wish to give your information to us, DPD will explain the consequences based on the specific information concerned.
If you have any queries relation to any of the above information please contact us on the below address:
Post: Interlink Ireland Limited, trading as DPD Ireland
Athlone Business Park
Phone: +353(0) 906420500